[SR-Users] Using forward(); with PVs

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Sat Jan 28 18:58:37 CET 2012

Thanks for your help Alex!

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
Sent: Sat, Jan 28, 2012 17:40:37 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] Using forward(); with PVs

On 01/28/2012 12:35 PM, Spencer Thomason wrote:

> I'm experiencing some difficulty using forward with PVs. If the IP
> and port are specified directly everything works but if I use PVs
> for the values startup fails with a configuration error. What I'm
> trying to do is statelessly forward an OPTIONS request to a B2BUA
> that sits behind Kamailio without hard coding the address into the
> configuration file. Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Yet another quirk;  many legacy core functions do not support PV
arguments, because they hark back to the days before PVs existed.  :-)

Just use the request URI to guide the request:

    $rd = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx";
    $rp = 5060;

    forward();

Like t_relay(), by default, forward() will consume the RURI for
routing on the network and transport level as well.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC