[SR-Users] Enable application/pidf+xml

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Jan 26 15:37:41 CET 2012

Hello,

I think that force_active affects the state of the SUBSCRIBE dialogs.
So, a presentity does not have to explicitly authorise a watcher.  This
is not the same as automatically PUBLISH'ing presence state.  I don't
believe force_active will do what you want here as it has nothing to do
with the body of the NOTIFY, just the Subscription-State: SIP header.

Also, I think the problem could be that X-Lite supports peer-to-peer
presence (where the clients exchange SUBSCRIBEs and NOTIFYs) but does
not support server presence (where the SUBSCRIBEs are from the client to
the server, NOTIFYs are from the server to the client, and the client
must PUBLISH to the server).

If you want the server to automatically PUBLISH for a client that does
not support server presence (so online when you REGISTER and offline
when you un-REGISTER) take a look a pua_usrloc.

Regards,

Peter

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 15:27 +0100, Vogt, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> but I've understood correctly. I only need kamailio and no other
> software if I use the force_active switch?
>
> Thanks
> Jonathan

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director