[SR-Users] Kamailio Keepalive

Reda Aouad reda.aouad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:42:08 CET 2012

Hi,

I am using the nat_keepalive function of the nat_traversal module, using
the OPTIONS message, and my code is the following :

if (is_method("REGISTER"))
    nat_keepalive();

I see that Kamailio still sends OPTIONS packets even if the client
unregisters itself.
It stops later, but I don't know when exactly.

Is that a normal behaviour? What is the keepalive timeout?
Why doesn't Kamailio remove the client from its keepalive list if it
unregisters and is no more in the user location?
And is there a way to remove a contact from the user location if it doesn't
respond to keepalive packets?

Thanks

Reda