[SR-Users] when does ds_select_dst update list of addresses to choose from when using DB?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 17:31:20 CET 2012

Hello,

On 1/10/12 3:11 PM, Albert Petit wrote:

> I'm using dispatcher module for load balancnig purposes I read
> active/inactive nodes from the database
>
> So  I define on my kamailio.cfg:
> modparam("dispatcher", "db_url",
>  "mysql://openser:openserrw@<DB_IP>/openser")
>
> Then, on my route(DISPATCH) I call:
>
> *  ds_select_dst("1", "4");*
> *  t_relay();*
> *
> *
>
> My question is: Which *set of addresses is using **ds_select_dst *to
> choose destination. Will it do a query on the db each time updating
> active and inactive nodes on each ds_select_dst call? If not,  when is
> the list of addresses to choose updated?   (on kamaiilio restart,
> periodically...)
> I say this because I would like to update active and inactive nodes
> from a 3rd party application modifying the flags column but I need to
> know also how many time will it take for the change to be applied.
the list of addresses is loaded at startup. To reload it, you have to
send a MI/RPC command (e.g., 'kamctl fifo ds_reload', or 'sercmd
dispatcher.reload', or via xmlrpc). If you just want to change the
flags, there is a mi/rpc command for it:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/dispatcher.html#id2513046