[SR-Users] obtaining htable array index

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:36:46 CET 2012

Hi All,

Is it possible to asertain the array index of an htable entry based on
its value?

For example, say I have an htable called foo with the following entries:

Entry:: 11
     testing[0]:: hello-2
     testing[1]:: 1
     testing::size:: 2

is it possible to:

[a] extract the array index based on a regex of the value, for example,
something like value count:
         shtcv(foo=>hello-*)
[b] if [a] is possible, how would I extract that value (from the
associated array index returned in [a] above) from the htable using sht()?

Is the above possible, or am I using the wrong tool for the job?

I did have a look at the htable module docs, but i didnt see anything
that stood out to me showing that i could achieve the above. I saw an
shtval exported function, but i dont see it documented in the pseudo-var
wiki page. I then tried it in the routing script but got an error
message to the affect that it couldnt find the PV. I assume its not
exported.

All comments welcome and appreciated?

Thanks