[SR-Users] Problems with TCP

Mino Haluz mino.haluz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:43:13 CET 2012

Hi,

our customers are using mostly UDP but some of them want to use TCP. The
problem is, I get various TCP errors in kamailio log and I do not
understand what they mean

1) ERROR: <core> [tcp_main.c:4130]: connect <customerIP:port> failed
This means kamailio is trying to connect with TCP to the customer ??
2) WARNING: tcp_do_connect <customerIP:port> : could not find corresponding
listening socket for IPaddress , using default... ( where IPaddress is
kamailio physical IP address)
Kamailio has one virtual IP address (heartbeat IP address) and one
physical. It listens on the virtual IP address but I do not understand why
it is trying to use the physical IP address ?

I was investigating this thing because the BYE message is not being relayed
if the TCP is used (everytime the 2. error message is printed), so that's
why I have to understand what it really means...

And the last question,

3) If kamailio is relaying the traffic to the PSTN gateway, and the
customer is using TCP, kamailio uses TCP as well for connecting to the PSTN
gw. Is this behaviour normal ? I would expect that

customer -- TCP --> kamailio --- UDP --> GW,

and not

customer -- TCP --> kamailio --- TCP --> GW,

Thanks,
Mino