[SR-Users] get server parameters from DB when kamailio starts

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:44:13 CET 2012

thanks,
i will try it.
probably the best way i have.

did you use the CFG_DB module somewhere?

BR,

--------------

Hi,

you can easily use command substitution e.g. -A $(hostname) in your
script which starts kamailio or use mysql batch query to retrieve the
result if you wish to store it in database.

Michal

Uri Shacked píše v Pá 10. 02. 2012 v 15:32 +0200:
>* thanks,
*>* it is good see there is a wayto start with -A... and it might make it
*>* easier a little (cause i use the define as the group the server
*>* belongs to).
*>* but, it doesn't help me fully in my case.
*>* i would like to have a generic start, and generic cfg file (it is much
*>* easier when you need to maintain).
*>* the best thing i would like to do is something like that:
*>*
*>* let say i have "route on start" or "get data from DB on start"...
*>* then, i set something like:
*>*
*>* get "myself"
*>* from list of kamailio servers"
*>* and set my group to "the value set on me"
*>*
*>* it seems to me something very usefull, when you use 2 and more
*>* kamailio at different sites, and still want a generic code and
*>* functions.
*>*
*>* if i was a programer... i might try to write some module :-)
*>*
*>* thanks anyway,
*>* Uri
*>*
*>*
*>* On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
*>* <miconda at
gmail.com<http://lists.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users>>
wrote:
*>*         Hello,
*>*
*>*         you can use defines to control the order (the values of NP
*>*         servers), here is an example of defining NP servers (to str
*>*         value, for sake of explanation):
*>*
*>*         #!ifdef SRV1
*>*         #!define NPSRV1 "abc"
*>*         #!define NPSRV2 "xyz"
*>*         #!else
*>*         #!define NPSRV2 "abc"
*>*         #!define NPSRV1 "xyz"
*>*         #!endif
*>*
*>*         and start kamailio with parameter '-A SRV1' for the first
*>*         instance.
*>*
*>*         Cheers,
*>*         Daniel
*>*
*>*
*>*
*>*         On 2/10/12 6:28 AM, Uri Shacked wrote:
*>*         > Hi again...
*>*         > (i do find myself ask many questions these days.... :-))
*>*         >
*>*         > well, now here is one more:
*>*         >
*>*         > i have 2 kamailio servers that i use in 2 locations. both
*>*         > use the same
*>*         > tables and DBURL.
*>*         > each of my server turns to a number portability (NP) server
*>*         > at its same
*>*         > location.
*>*         > for example, if server 1 has the call, it will turn to NP
*>*         > server 1 with the
*>*         > query, and if the query fails, it will then turn to NP
*>*         > server 2.
*>*         > the kamailio server 2 does the same. but, turns to NP server
*>*         > 2 first and if
*>*         > it fails, to NP server 1.
*>*         >
*>*         > once this is understood....
*>*         >
*>*         > here is my issue - i want to have 1 generic cfg file for my
*>*         > 2 servers.
*>*         > today, i use the same cfg file, but in server 1 i set it in
*>*         > the cfg to its
*>*         > group, and on server 2 the same but a different group....
*>*         >
*>*         > i tried to understand how do i get each server to "pull" its
*>*         > group from the
*>*         > DB. something like "what is my group when my IP is X.Y.Z.Q ?
*>*         > i raed the cfg_db module but didn't understand how to set it
*>*         > on my cfg file
*>*         > and on the DB.
*>*         >
*>*         > what is the best way to do what i want?
*>*         > hope i was clear....
*>*         > thanks to all the guys that help me so far, i appriciate it
*>*         > a lot!
*>*         > Uri
*