[SR-Users] get server parameters from DB when kamailio starts

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:28:22 CET 2012

Hi again...
(i do find myself ask many questions these days.... :-))

well, now here is one more:

i have 2 kamailio servers that i use in 2 locations. both use the same
tables and DBURL.
each of my server turns to a number portability (NP) server at its same
location.
for example, if server 1 has the call, it will turn to NP server 1 with the
query, and if the query fails, it will then turn to NP server 2.
the kamailio server 2 does the same. but, turns to NP server 2 first and if
it fails, to NP server 1.

once this is understood....

here is my issue - i want to have 1 generic cfg file for my 2 servers.
today, i use the same cfg file, but in server 1 i set it in the cfg to its
group, and on server 2 the same but a different group....

i tried to understand how do i get each server to "pull" its group from the
DB. something like "what is my group when my IP is X.Y.Z.Q ?
i raed the cfg_db module but didn't understand how to set it on my cfg file
and on the DB.

what is the best way to do what i want?
hope i was clear....

BR,
thanks to all the guys that help me so far, i appriciate it a lot!
Uri