[SR-Users] Howto configure to use SQLITE

Timo Teras timo.teras at iki.fi
Thu Feb 9 12:45:17 CET 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:35:00 +0200 Perazim <perazim at inbox.lt> wrote:

> I am a new user and am trying to configure kamailio to use SQLITE
> instead of MYSQL. I see that SQLITE option is rather new and maybe not
> as documented as MYSQL.
>
> I am running on fedora 14 and have installed MYSQL3 from rpms.
> Kamailio I built from sources because I need the SQLITE support.
>
> What kamailio.cfg and kamctlrc parameters do I need to change to do
> this?
>
> I have already set these in kamctlrc:

> ## database host
> DBHOST=localhost
>
> ## database name (for ORACLE this is TNS name)
> # DBNAME=openser

These are ignored, as sqlite db is a local file.

To set the file, use:
DB_PATH="/path/to/db.sqlite"

> Now, it appears that I need to change kamailio.cfg for SQLITE. Can I
> simply edit this file substituting SQLITE for MYSQL and loading the
> SQLITE module?
>
> How about this part:

> ####### Defined Values #########
>
> # *** Value defines - IDs used later in config
> #!ifdef WITH_MYSQL
> # - database URL - used to connect to database server by modules such
> #       as: auth_db, acc, usrloc, a.s.o.
> #!define DBURL "mysql://openser:openserrw@localhost/openser"
> #!endif
>
> Will this URL work with SQLITE?

The sqlite URL is like:
 sqlite:////path/to/db.sqlite

Basically, it's your regular URL format, but the hostname needs to be
left empty, and you include absolute path for the database file.

Permissions managements purely by setting proper file access
rights.

- Timo