[SR-Users] Howto configure to use SQLITE

Perazim perazim at inbox.lt
Thu Feb 9 12:35:00 CET 2012

I am a new user and am trying to configure kamailio to use SQLITE
instead of MYSQL. I see that SQLITE option is rather new and maybe not
as documented as MYSQL.

I am running on fedora 14 and have installed MYSQL3 from rpms. Kamailio
I built from sources because I need the SQLITE support.

What kamailio.cfg and kamctlrc parameters do I need to change to do
this?

I have already set these in kamctlrc:

## database type: MYSQL, PGSQL, ORACLE, DB_BERKELEY, DBTEXT, or SQLITE
# by default none is loaded
#
# If you want to setup a database with kamdbctl, you must at least
specify
# this parameter
DBENGINE=SQLITE

## database host
DBHOST=localhost

## database name (for ORACLE this is TNS name)
# DBNAME=openser

and ran:

kamdbctl create openser

and

kamctl add user1 password1

successfully.

Now, it appears that I need to change kamailio.cfg for SQLITE. Can I
simply edit this file substituting SQLITE for MYSQL and loading the
SQLITE module?

How about this part:

####### Defined Values #########

# *** Value defines - IDs used later in config
#!ifdef WITH_MYSQL
# - database URL - used to connect to database server by modules such
#       as: auth_db, acc, usrloc, a.s.o.
#!define DBURL "mysql://openser:openserrw@localhost/openser"
#!endif

Will this URL work with SQLITE?

Thanks in advance,