[SR-Users] Zero left padding IP in Kamailio

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Dec 30 10:53:08 CET 2012

30 dec 2012 kl. 10:39 skrev Techie Sup <techsup0073 at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> My IP is 192.168.1.25 and I have added left zero padding i,e: 192.168.001.025 in the configuration file and try to start kamailio, it works.. but along with that rtpproxy does not start. Once I revert back it works. My script requires to add zero left padding for a specific purpose and for that I cannot remove the left zero padding. Any solution to get this work?

Many Unix API's treat this as octal numbers, not decimals. You should never pad with zeros in IP addresses, because you don't know how they will be parsed.

If it's in the Kamailio core configuration, you need to have a script that changes it before you start kamailio.

If it's a variable, you can use transformations to remove the zeros.

If you are a programmer you could add a function that automatically cleans it up, maybe in the IPops module.

But the best way is to fix the script that requires zero padding.

/O