[SR-Users] Kamailio TLS setup and certificate

Burak ÖZTÜRK buttiburak at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 09:48:35 CET 2012

Hi,
I m a new kamailio user. Kamailio version is 3.3. I want to enable kamailio's tls support. I fallowed instructions from this link :
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/tls:create-certificates

And I also enabled tls module in the kamailio.cfg file. (definig WITH_TLS and adding listen=tls:myIP:5061 command) But after trying to start kamailio i got "failed to start" error. When I checked the logs there is nothing about tls or ssl. Actually I got an error  while fallowing the link above. "openssl s_client -connect localhost:5061 -tls1" command returns connection failed 111 error. I thought that this is the reason failed to start. But where or what am I doing wrong? I searched the web and hear about SRV records. But there is no explanations about this, on your guide/wiki. I also read this link too but cant get my answer : http://sip-router.org/docbook/sip-router/branch/master/modules/tls/tls.html
Is there any idea or a better well-explained user guide about tls support?

Regards,
Burak