[SR-Users] status of kamailio stun server?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Dec 15 19:57:11 CET 2012

> I haven't done any testing of it, but supporting STUN on the same port
> as SIP is a requirement for an edge proxy supporting outbound.  So I
> don't think it should be obsoleted or removed.

peter,

my understanding is that stun server as specified in ice rfc 5245
authenticates its clients, but there does not seem to be any possibility
for the server to know the realm of the connecting client, which mean
that a single realm must be configured in the stun server.

if that is true, it is not possible that a single stun server serves
more than one domain at the same port.  so does what you write in above
mean that in multi-domain sip proxy setup, kamailio must be configured
to listen at different ports for different domains (which in my opinion
is not realistic).

-- juha