[SR-Users] Help

Jijo realjijo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:30:13 CET 2012

Hi,

Considering the security aspect of SIP Trunk and the cost of dedicated TDM
trunk, the cheapest option for you is to use your home PSTN line as TDM
trunk..

To do that buy a PCI FXO card for Asterisk and setup the routing in
asterisk either directly to your lan SIP phone(Xlite) or via
openser/kamailio to Xlite. You can route all calls from SIP to PSTN and
Vice versa. You will be able to do international calls if your home pstn
phone has international plan.

The disadvantage here is you can do only 1 incoming call. I believe you can
do multiple outgoing call with FXO line. Good thing is you can test all
your capabilities before making the decision for dedicated trunk from
service provider.

Thanks
Jijo