[SR-Users] sms module & IMS

Oleksandr Shchirskyi oleksandr.shchirskyi at globallogic.com
Tue Aug 14 17:10:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm using OpenIMSCore based on the SER. At the moment I try to add
SMS-GW to it.
I've found, that SER has sms module, and I tried to use it. But,
unfortunately, I couldn't make it work.

It's not very clear for me how SIP MESSAGEs can be routed to the sms
module. This module works not as application server (or I'm wrong?)

At the moment I have such configuration in the scscf.cfg:

==============================
modparam("sms","modems","Nokia [d=/dev/ttyACM0;b=9600]")
modparam("sms","networks","D1[m=10]")
modparam("sms","links","Nokia[D1]")
modparam("sms","domain","open-ims.test")
modparam("sms","max_sms_parts",3)
modparam("sms","use_contact",1)

# main routing logic

route{
        if(method=="MESSAGE"){
                sms_send_msg_to_net("D1");
        }
}

==============================

As a hardware GSM gateway my cell phone is using.
As I see, nothing happens when s-cscf processes SIP MESSAGEs. I don't
see that these messages are forwarded to the sms module, or smth like
that.

Final question - is it possible to use this module as IP-SMS-GW for
the OpenIMSCore? And how?

I would be very appreciated for any help.
Thank you in advance.

--
Oleksandr Shchirskyi | Software Testing Engineer
GlobalLogic Inc. | Innovation by Design