[SR-Users] Outbound and Registrar. No binding update

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Aug 2 16:23:19 CEST 2012

2012/7/31 José Luis Millán <jmillan at aliax.net>:
> Outbound provides the UAC a way to update a binding even if it reboots. For
> that, a unique and permanent value of instance-id is used, which in
> conjunction with the AoR and reg-id determines the binding to the UAC.
>
> Having said this, I guess that the CSeq comparison between the one in the
> Register request and the one in the binding does not apply in this scenario
> since it is not guaranteed that a UAC saves the CSeq value of the
> registration among reboots.

This is correct. According to RFC 5626, when the REGISTER includes a
Contact with +sip.instance and reg-id params the registrar MUST NOT
check the call-id and cseq of the request, but just the +sip.instance
and reg-id params (and the registering AoR in the To header of
course).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>