[SR-Users] [sr-dev] Outbound and Registrar. No binding update

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Aug 2 16:21:31 CEST 2012

2012/7/30 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> There is one situation that will not work even with gruu/ob -- in sip a
> phone can call without registering. A gruu contact is obtained via
> registration and then used for next requests by UA itself. By calling
> without registering, there is no gruu contact for it, so adding the src ip
> and port as alias parameter is still needed. I don't remember I have seen
> any rfc making registration mandatory before calling.

Hi Daniel, RFC 5626 (Outbound) assumes that the UA registers after
connecting to the (Outbound Edge) Proxy.

> In other words, just to summarize the gruu versus contact aliasing.

I don't think this iw "gruu versus contact aliasing" but "outbound
versus contact aliasing".
Outbound means that the proxy inserts a flow token in the Record-Route
username and then, when a request with Route header arrives to the
proxy, its Route username is inspected and the associated connection
retrieved for routing the request without inspecting the RURI (unless
it's a GRUU RURI).

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo