[SR-Users] RFC 5626 Outbound/ sip.instance in Contact header?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 12:38:43 CEST 2012

Hello,

if you use devel version (git master branch), you have sip.instance
handling according to rfc5627 - GRUU. It is in my plans to review 5626
and see what can be implemented before 3.3.0. It keeps one contact
address per +sip.instance.

Older versions have sip.instace handled by modules_s/{registrar|usrloc}
to some extent, I guess based on some draft in the past.

On 4/15/12 11:31 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if there has been any type of work to implement any
> part of RFC 5626, particularly the registrar server code?
>
> Lumicall now generates a UUID at install time, and sends that as
> sip.instance in the Contact header.  It always sends reg-id=1 (only
> trying one proxy at the moment).
>
> Although this is not a full implementation of the spec, it seems to be
> sufficient for eliminating extra Contact records in the repro
> registration server (from reSIProcate).  However, I've noticed Kamailio
> doesn't seem to understand this parameter yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/