[SR-Users] RFC 5626 Outbound/ sip.instance in Contact header?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Sun Apr 15 11:31:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there has been any type of work to implement any
part of RFC 5626, particularly the registrar server code?

Lumicall now generates a UUID at install time, and sends that as
sip.instance in the Contact header.  It always sends reg-id=1 (only
trying one proxy at the moment).

Although this is not a full implementation of the spec, it seems to be
sufficient for eliminating extra Contact records in the repro
registration server (from reSIProcate).  However, I've noticed Kamailio
doesn't seem to understand this parameter yet.

Regards,