[SR-Users] SER or Kamailio

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:10:01 CEST 2012

Hi again.

> If I understand correctly, both projects share the same source code,

 Thats what the link said. The mailing list on which you are sending mails
is "SIP Router - Kamailio (OpenSER) and SIP Express Router (SER) - Users
Mailing List". So I think you shouldn't worry much.

Is there a list of specific features which are only available in SER or in
> Kamailio?

I'll pass this question, maybe some other very close one to any of these
projects can answer better than me.

 Which is the option which interoperates easier with Asterisk?

Asterisk !! is that it !!? what is the maximum thing you want to integrate
between the proxy and asterisk servers? load-balancing ! failover ! what
else !?
I'd say don't go so much deep into SER Vs Kamailio debate and simply follow
online tutorials for your requirements be it SER or Kamailio. Personally I
like Kamailio more.

Btw just came to my mind, are you confusing OpenSIPS with SER ? and
probably that is why you are asking for comparison. !!

Regards,
Sammy.