[SR-Users] Variable $fu Kamailio 3.2

Tue Apr 10 03:58:38 CEST 2012

I wrote the code below to rewrite an extension to a phone number (It is
called in route[LOCATION]). This code works fine with MULTIDOMAIN
enabled but when I run it as a single domain the line $fu=$var(b); does
not seem to work..  You can see that I have several xlog lines
outputting the variable values into my /var/log/messages. $var(b) has
the correct value in it, so I do not know what is happening. I have also
included the /var/log/messages output which I redacted the phone number,
domain, and extension for security purposes. I am sure I am going about
this backwards, but can someone provide me some guidance as to what is
going wrong?

Thank you,
Gilbert

# Rewrite - Gilbert
route[REWRITE] {
# This section rewrites the outbound calling number so that caller id
works correctly.
#!ifdef WITH_REWRITE
         # lookup an outbound number to replace the extension with
         $var(b)="NO REV";
         sql_xquery("ca","select number from pioutalias where
username='$fU'","ra");
         # determine if a outbound number exists
         if ($xavp(ra=>number)) {
                 $var(b)="sip:" + $xavp(ra=>number) + "@" + $fd;
                 xlog("L_INFO","var(b): '$var(b)'");
                 xlog("L_INFO","fu: '$fu'");
                 # Assign the outbound calling number
                 $fu=$var(b);
                 xlog("L_INFO","New fu: '$fu'");
         }
         sql_result_free("ra");
         # see if it found a number and log if it did not
         if ($var(b)=="NO REV")
                 xlog("L_INFO","No number found for extension: '$fu'");
#!endif
}

/var/log/messages output