[SR-Users] Send() function

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:27:22 CEST 2012

Hello,

I just committed a patch that allow using send() without any parameter:

   *
http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi/sip-router/?a=commit;h=8e4db808bf9f94d3ccf0f14ed22e75586afd0f23

The behaviour is to to forward based on $du (dst uri, aka outbound proxy
address) if it is set, otherwise based on $ru (r-uri).

So what you would have to do after ds_select_dst() is to do 'send()'.

The patch is in master branch, but is rather simple and should be
straightforward to apply it to older versions.

On 4/6/12 4:16 AM, Gustavo Vidovich wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are using Kamailio as a dispatcher to other two Kamailio servers
> and want it to stateless forward messages without adding a VIA header.
> We try to use the send function, but you can not give a pseudo
> variable as a parameter ($dd in this case as this variable is set by
> the ds_select_dst() function).
>
> We attemp to add a rule for this function to accept pseudo variables
> as an argument (in cfg.y file, pvar argument) but the problem was that
> when starting Kami (our friendly name for the Kamailio server), the
> pseudo variable is empty, then the program attemp to do a dns lookup
> trying to solve the empty string and obviously fail to start.
>
> We partially solve the issue by hard-coding the IP's to dispatch (the
> only way to make the send() function to work was the sintaxis "send(IP)").
>
> We want a little bit elegancy in configuration file, but can not solve
> in another way.
>
> Any brighter ideas to make it work?
>
> Cheers from Uruguay,
>
> ODT

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/