[SR-Users] Send() function

Gustavo Vidovich gusvidovich at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 04:16:01 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

We are using Kamailio as a dispatcher to other two Kamailio servers and
want it to stateless forward messages without adding a VIA header. We try
to use the send function, but you can not give a pseudo variable as a
parameter ($dd in this case as this variable is set by the ds_select_dst()
function).

We attemp to add a rule for this function to accept pseudo variables as an
argument (in cfg.y file, pvar argument) but the problem was that when
starting Kami (our friendly name for the Kamailio server), the pseudo
variable is empty, then the program attemp to do a dns lookup trying to
solve the empty string and obviously fail to start.

We partially solve the issue by hard-coding the IP's to dispatch (the only
way to make the send() function to work was the sintaxis "send(IP)").

We want a little bit elegancy in configuration file, but can not solve in
another way.

Any brighter ideas to make it work?

Cheers from Uruguay,

ODT