[SR-Users] Network Architecture Question

Rob Watkin robwatkin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:15:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am just getting started with Kamailio and have been following the book
"Building Telephony Systems with OpenSER" by Flavio E. Goncalves. The book
describes an architecture with a SIP Proxy handling registrations and
handing calls to a PSTN Gateway. I now have a basic test network running
where calls are routed via the SIP Proxy (Kamailio) to a third party PSTN
Gateway. I feel that a better design would be to implement my own PSTN
Gateway using Kamailio. This single gateway would then handle all third
party PSTN gateways. Thus one Kamailio server would be facing my clients
while another would be facing my suppliers.

Is this a sensible architecture and are there any sample configurations for
Kamailio performing this role?

Thanks
Rob Watkin