[SR-Users] Making iPhone SIP client work with Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 09:52:49 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/30/11 12:51 AM, Krishna Kurapati wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     The iPhone client, when it goes into background, can only respond
>     to incoming messages.
>     That makes the Registration expire when there is no communication
>     from the server before
>     the expire time. I could make the Registration not expire at all.
>     Not sure it's the only option.
>
>     Is there a way to send a Ping message from server periodically to
>     the iPhone SIP client. This
>     will wakeup the SIP client and resend REGISTER message.

you can set the nat_bflag (see usrloc module) to mark the registration
as being natted. Then use nathelper module mark it to send OPTIONS ping
(sipping_bflag parameter).

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/usrloc.html
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/nathelper.html

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat