[SR-Users] Siremis site access from Romania

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 08:50:17 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/15/11 10:01 AM, CT Radu wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> The problem is that the asipto domain does not seem to be reachable
> from almost any romanian ISP . I could cite you a few names, but is
> irrelevant, as I, and others have tried to reach that site from
> different locations, and different providers.
>
> The only solution was to use a web proxy (for example the one provided
> by Opera that routes everything through Norway) and that solved the
> problem.
not the domain is firewalled, but the server, so other domains co-hosted
are not accessible from many countries networks. Using the proxy is the
solution for now, I know it might be not very convenient, still is
giving the right results for those that need the information at no real
expenses. So it is not about hiding the data, but protecting and we had
to choose the safest and simplest way for the moment. As said before,
lot of content is schedule for moving/replicating to other servers.