[SR-Users] parse errors in rr-callback of path module

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Sep 14 11:08:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 09/14/2011 10:42 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>> Seems like the rr params value is not set properly. I looked in rr module and such case can happen indeed, but for the case when uri in rr does not match myself. Is this also in your case? I wonder anyhow why the callbacks are executed in route header uri is not local address...
>> Indeed it happens when it doesn't match itself.
> ok, so then it is found, fix to be done later.

That'd be great!

> However, I wonder if it makes sense to execute the rr calbacks when the
> uri does not match myself. IIRC, the purpose of rr callbacks was to
> access parameters added by proxy itself in record-route header which
> should be mirrored by route headers. Do I misunderstand their goal?
> Afaik path, dialog and uac modules use them to get parameters for dialog
> id, from header recovery ... which are added by proxy itself. Not sure
> for path module, is it about accessing parameters set by same instance
> in record-route?

At least for path, it's only relevant for extracting information for
Routes pointing to itself. E.g. for a REGISTER, the lb puts itself into
the Path, like "Path:
<sip:own-ip:own-port;lr;received=sip:remote-ip:remote-port>", and in a
subsequent INVITE that would convert into a Route, and the lb can then
extract the "received=" information from it in the rr-callback and set
it as $du..

Not sure about dialog or uac.

Andreas