[SR-Users] Error reading AVP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 14:42:47 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/8/11 6:30 PM, Carlos Ruiz Diaz wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm currently developing an OpenSER module which does some business
> logic for the company I work for. For compatibility reasons we are
> working with openser-1.2.2-tls and we haven't been able to upgrade to
> newer version yet.
>
> In one block of the code I have to read an avp which is written inside
> the openser.cfg script using:
>
> OPENSER:
> avp_copy("sip:123 at 123.123.123:5060", "$avp(s:selectedroute)/g");
>
> C CODE:
> if (is_response && is_invite_seq)
> {
> struct usr_avp* destavp = NULL;
> int_str destval;
> const str selected_route = { "selectedroute", 13 };
> int attempts = 1, max_attempts = 3;
>
> for ( destavp = search_first_avp(AVP_NAME_STR | AVP_VAL_STR, (int_str)
> selected_route, NULL, 0); destavp != NULL; destavp =
> search_next_avp(destavp, NULL) ) { get_avp_val(destavp, &destval); }
> }
>
> The problem is that "selectedroute" avp cannot be found so I can't
> read its value. This happens sporadically and most of the time the
> code works just fine.
>
> I also checked for the list of available AVPs using get_avp_list() but
> it reports an empty list.
>
> Is there another way to read AVPs or is there something I'm missing
> which is causing this problem?
If the avp list is null inside C code, then the avp was not added. Do
you see any error message in syslog related to avp_copy()?

After avp copy, do a xlog(..) line printing the avp, if it is printed in
syslog and you don't get it in C, then would be very strange...

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat