[SR-Users] Error reading AVP

Carlos Ruiz Diaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:30:50 CEST 2011

Hello.

I'm currently developing an OpenSER module which does some business logic
for the company I work for. For compatibility reasons we are working
with openser-1.2.2-tls and we haven't been able to upgrade to newer version
yet.

In one block of the code I have to read an avp which is written inside the
openser.cfg script using:

OPENSER:
avp_copy("sip:123 at 123.123.123:5060", "$avp(s:selectedroute)/g");

C CODE:
if (is_response && is_invite_seq)
{
struct usr_avp* destavp  = NULL;
int_str destval;
const str selected_route  = { "selectedroute", 13 };
int attempts = 1, max_attempts = 3;

for ( destavp = search_first_avp(AVP_NAME_STR | AVP_VAL_STR, (int_str)
selected_route, NULL, 0); destavp != NULL; destavp =
search_next_avp(destavp, NULL) ) { get_avp_val(destavp, &destval); }
}

The problem is that "selectedroute" avp cannot be found so I can't read its
value. This happens sporadically and most of the time the code works just
fine.

I also checked for the list of available AVPs using get_avp_list() but it
reports an empty list.

Is there another way to read AVPs or is there something I'm missing which is
causing this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Carlos.