[SR-Users] Nat problems

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Sat Sep 3 00:04:49 CEST 2011

On 09/02/2011 10:33 PM, David Zambrano wrote:
> Hi andrew. Thanks for your help. What module or config should I use to
> make sure the connection goes back through the loadbalancer?

That's simply the task for record-route like:

if (is_method("INVITE"))
	record_route();

But you also need the loose_route for routing new in-dialog requests.

> For the failover I didnt specify anything ping related. Im using the
> dispatcher module. Can I specify the ping config in that module or
> should I use another module for that?

yes, it's in the documentation of dispatcher module:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/modules_k/dispatcher.html#id2806108

> route{
>         ds_select_dst("2", "4");
>          t_relay();
> }

well, with such config the chances are that the subsequent BYE may
arrive at the different server than the INVITE, so again you need the
loose_route section for this. You should get familiar with the default
config file to get a feeling of things.

Regards,
Andrew