[SR-Users] Dispatcher Confusion (v3.2.0)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:23:47 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 10/26/11 11:47 AM, Asgaroth wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 26/10/2011 04:47, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> the purpose with three states (active, inactive and disabled) was not
>> to relate probing to selection of gateways, as one may want to have
>> even active gateways in probing mode to detect when they go down. So,
>> in other words, if probing mode is not checked when a gateways is
>> selected, but only if the gateway has the state active.
>>

> OK, so, before I continue on testeing between 3.2 and 3.3 dev branch,
> can you confirm that my understanding of the states are correct:
>
> Assuming ds_probing_mode = 0 (Only send "ping" requests when
> destination is in probing state)
>
> AX (Active)
>     [*] Used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
>     [*] No ping probes sent to destination
> AP (Active-Probing)
>     [*] Used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
>     [*] Ping probes sent to destination
>     [*] When reply to ping probe is recieved, state for gateway chages
> to AX (Active)
> IX (Inactive)
>     [*] Not used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
>     [*] No ping probes sent to destination
> IP (Inactive-Probing)
>     [*] Not used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
>     [*] Ping probes sent to destination
>     [*] When reply to ping probe is recieved, state for gateway chages
> to AX (Active)
> DX (Disabled)
>     [*] Not used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
>     [*] No ping probes sent to destination
>
> Is the above true for both version 3.2.x and devel branch?
The 3.2 branch got it just few moment ago. I will have to look over the
code a bit more, since I saw some threshold for probing module, I guess
was added by Carsten, which should be for inactive at this moment. Might
be a need for new state, like 'trying' to mark a gateway in transition
from active to inactive for those that don't want to inactivate it
immediately, but just after a specific amount of failures.

> Just for ease of syntax in routing script, is it possible to do:
>
> ds_mark_dst("ip") = Mark Inactive-Probing
> ds_mark_dst("ap") = Mark Active-Probing
>
> in both version 3.2.x and devel branch? Similar to fifo ds_set_state
> command?

I will look into it (just that I am not in the office these days, so it
may take a bit, or not, depending on how I find time for it).

> Once I understand these correctly, I can continue testing the 2
> versions and see the differences. I suspect v3.2.x does *not* use
> gateway in ds_select_* when destination is in AP mode. But will
> confirm that with testing if my above understanding is correct.

The goal is not to relate probing mode to selection of gateways, but
only to the fact of sending keepalives. Selection of gateways should be
based on state: active, inactive, disabled.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat