[SR-Users] Dispatcher Confusion Redeux

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:52:16 CEST 2011

Hello,

I haven't read the archive, but you probably talk about what I am
thinking of. IIRC, at that time Carsten tried to explain how it works,
but overall looked confused indeed. As a result, dispatcher module in
3.2.0 has a different system for gateway states.

There are three of them:
- active
- inactive
- disabled

The active and inactive states can be set also in probing mode, so then
there will be keepalives sent to gateways to detect when they become
inactive/active. The disabled state is to put a gateway out of order
completely.

Maybe you can give a try to 3.2.0 dispatcher, now that it is out as a
stable release, and see if it is more meaningful behavior.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat