[SR-Users] Kamailio.cfg file woes

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Wed Oct 19 03:34:35 CEST 2011

Am 18.10.2011 um 22:26 schrieb Peter Schrock:
> I am wondering two things.
> 1. is there a place on the web that I may find a basic cfg file to at least get Kamailio running.

There are a few basic configuration files within the sources. Look into the etc/ directory.

> 2. is there a resource that tells you what to include for what you want to use the system for. At this point, it seems like I should just include everything because I don't know what I might not need.

No, don't do that. Using modules which you do not really require increases complexity, resource usage, and failure probability. On the contrary, what's the worst thing that can happen if you forgot to include a module which you required? Kamailio resists to start and barks at you. What you would do then is find the module you need and include it. Repeat until Kamailio flies.

> I looked at the references on the website and found the information a little overwhelming with all the options that are available. I think smaller bit sizes would be helpful at this time for me.

Kamailio is quite a chunk of software with a wealth of modularity and configurability at hand. Look at the configuration files in etc/ to get a feel for what's possible. If you need help on how to implement certain features with Kamailio, feel free to ask on the mailing list on specific subjects.

Cheers,

--Timo