[SR-Users] a=nortpproxy:yes

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 06:43:31 CEST 2011

If the SIP UA is not behind the NAT, and Kamailio insersts a=nortpproxy:yes
in SDP body, can it cause one sided audio.

I am using PJSIP as my UA, kamailio 3.1.5 , rtp proxy 1.2.1 as intermediate
proxy for signalling and media. In kamailio config, I have enabled WITH_NAT.
On call setup, only one way audio is there. When I looked at SIP messages,
the only additional stuff I can see a=nortpproxy and nat=yes in recpord
route.

Without kamailio as intermediate proxy, audio is good both way.

So I feel, when I bring up kamailio as intermediate proxy I am doing some
mistake configuration wise either at PJSIP UA or in Kamailio.

Has anybody faced this issue previously.
If so please share how can we fix this issue.

Thanks in advance
Austin