[SR-Users] Balancing incoming traffic (DID)

Anto potxoka at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 20:05:57 CEST 2011

Hello

Thanks for responding. Sorry for not having properly explained. In my
company, we have two types of services (currently one, but it is
finalizing the second). In the current scenario, we have a Kamailio
and a series of gateway that route to different suppliers.

Not to mix services, we thought that each system has its own Kamailio,
this is where the problem comes, when your DID route each respective
system, before it was easy, because they only had one destination
where to route, but now depending the DID, will have one or other
destination.

NOW:

USER -- KAMAILIO -- VARIOUS GW -- VARIOUS CARRIER

I had thought to share the gateway and routes incoming calls to a
Kamailio and check that this system is and routed to the corresponding
Kamailio. Another idea that occurred to me, is that each system has a
number of gateway and put a Kamailio between the gateway and the
carrier and decide to set this gateway route. But not that be more
efficient.

I do not know which is more efficient and also know if is optimal, put
a Kamailio to verify the DID and know which proxy route, rather than
the current proxy is the one to do.

FIRST IDEA:

USER -- KAMAILIO1 --
                                     \
                                      + <-- PROXY DID INBOUND <--
VARIOUS GW <-- VARIOUS CARRIER
                                     /
USER -- KAMAILIO2 --

SECOND IDEA:

USER -- KAMAILIO1 -- VARIOUS GW --
                                                                 \
                                                                  +
<-- PROXY DID INBOUND <-- VARIOUS CARRIER
                                                                 /
USER -- KAMAILIO2 -- VARIOUS GW --

My question was, knowing the opinion of someone who has done something
similar, because I have a little wary of leaving the system in
production dropped or you lose performance. I will look at the module
indicated (mtree) ;-). Basically, where to locate the system, if the
gateways in front of, behind, etc. Had thought it at the gateway, but
not lose performance.

Best regards