[SR-Users] how to add RR with advertised_address in front of normal RR?

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Sun May 22 15:59:02 CEST 2011

Hi Andrew,

On 05/22/2011 03:40 PM, Andrew Pogrebennyk wrote:
> AFAIK kamailio rr module adds 2 RR headers (one with the inbound address
> and one with the outbound address) when your transaction comes with one
> interface/port and leaves via another.
>
> In EC2 the receive socket is the same as send socket and I've had no
> luck trying to get kamailio insert advertised address as inbound RR and
> then the outbound RR, by calling record_route_preset() several times in
> a row too. This is a problem if lb is in front of another proxy.

In the final SPCE v2.2 (to be released next week) we do it manually
using insert_hf(). It's ugly, but it works. Note that this is not there
yet in v2.2-rc1. Anyways, it looks like this (using template-toolkit,
for those who don't know the SPCE):

[% IF networking.aaddress %]
  insert_hf("Record-Route: <sip:[% networking.aaddress %]:[%
kamailio.lb.port %];lr;r2=on>,<sip:[% networking.iaddress %]:[%
kamailio.lb.port %];lr;r2=on>\r\n");
[% ELSE %]
  record_route();
[% END %]

You need to check the direction of the message also to put the addresses
into the right order.

In the latest Kamailio trunk, RR module supports adding two
Record-Routes using record_route_preset(), see
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules_k/rr.html#id2784744 .

Andreas