[SR-Users] how to add RR with advertised_address in front of normal RR?

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Sun May 22 15:40:02 CEST 2011

I've been playing with sip load-balancer in EC2 but so far haven't been
able to figure out how to insert Record-Route header with
advertised_address.

AFAIK kamailio rr module adds 2 RR headers (one with the inbound address
and one with the outbound address) when your transaction comes with one
interface/port and leaves via another.

In EC2 the receive socket is the same as send socket and I've had no
luck trying to get kamailio insert advertised address as inbound RR and
then the outbound RR, by calling record_route_preset() several times in
a row too. This is a problem if lb is in front of another proxy.

As I see this question has been raised on the mailing lists as far as 6
years ago - I would be surprised if no one has come up with a solution
yet. So how to do record-routing in a draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix
AKA rfc5658 style on the machine with one physical interface?

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk