[SR-Users] nathelpler module path support

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:49:36 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I have a scenario where our registrar's are sitting behind our sip
proxy. The sip proxy is the only system that has access to the outside
world. Our registrar's are all on internal private addresses.

I am trying to configure our registrar's to perform nat pinging.
However, because the registrar's are on an internal address there is
no way for the nat ping to get out. I enabled the path option so that
the registrar stores the path that the registration comes in on.
However it doesnt seem like the nathelper module uses the path
parameter to send the outgoing nat ping. I tried the nat ping using
sip method INFO, but the same applies, it does not appear to be able
to send out via the outbound proxy.

I tried to enable the natping option on the sip proxy, but it appears
that only registrations with a socket address of the local host will
get pinged, or else it is ignored.

Is there an option that I am missing for the nat helper module that
will enable me to set an outbound proxy for the nat ping messages?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks