[SR-Users] issue: fr_inv_timer_avp in Kamailio 3.1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 08:03:51 CET 2011

Hi Min,

On 3/24/11 3:47 PM, Min Wang wrote:
> Hi Daniel
>
> Again. Thanks a lot.
>
> On 03/24/2011 09:26 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>>
>> t_set_fr() accepts any pseudo-varaibles as parameters, how did you
>> use it?
>
>    You are correct!  I messed with  time unit in the avp. I should
> times 1000 for the avp
>
>        $avp(i:2)=20 //seconds
>        t_set_fr($avp(i:2)*1000);  // correct ok
> //       t_set_fr($avp(i:2));       // previous wrong one.
>

>>> I saw there was a discussion in the  april 2010,
>>>
>>> http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2010-April/027101.html
>>>
>>> Not sure fr_inv_timer_avp has been tested or not in Kamailio 3.0/3.1?
>>
>> It was an issue related to time unit reported in that message, but it
>> got fixed and should work now -- since I did the fix I tested it,
>> hopefully there was no commit later to cause the regression. Can you
>> do avp_print() before t_relay() and check if the avp with the timeout
>> really exists? You have to run in debug mode.
>
>    if fr_inv_timer_avp is used:
>
>      xlog("my fr_inv_timer is $avp(i:2)\n");
>
>     printed correct 20 seconds, but it seems avp2timer failed to get
> the correct value:
>
> modules/tm/t_funcs.c: line 510
>        avp = search_first_avp( type | AVP_TRACK_TO, name, &val_istr, 0);
>
> if changed to:
>     avp = search_first_avp( type, name, &val_istr, 0);
>
>  the fr_inv_timer_avp started to working correctly.
>
>     It seems the problem is related to this AVP_TRACK_TO??
thanks for troubleshooting. Indeed this was an issue, I did a commit to
fix it last evening. During the times when SER and Kamailio were
developped separately, SER added extra avp lists, in Kamailio was still
one, corresponding to AVP_TRACK_FROM.

The commit is here, if you can give it a try and it works fine for you,
then I will do a backport to 3.x:
http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi/sip-router/?a=commit;h=26f757d0c30db79c92011313e72c6c1d97e64cd0

If you want to read more about these AVPs lists specific to SER, then go to:
http://sip-router.org/wiki/devel/avps-ser

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com