[SR-Users] binary name

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:41:25 CET 2011

Hello,

ser and sip-router flavours are completely the same, just different
names for binaries and tools. Historically, being the initial project,
ser stays the default flavour

kamailio is different, installing what was traditionally provided by
kamailio (openser), one being the database structure specific for
kamailio. Then just few things are enabled by default: kamailio's
internal statistics and tm module extensions used by seas module.

Then, no matter which flavour you select, all modules are installed, so
you can combine them, you need to be sure you create the database table
structure specific for what modules you use.

On 3/23/11 2:57 AM, Claudio Furrer wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
> Thanks your answer..
> I'm coming from ser flavour, and need to upgrade to 3.x, then my doubt is
> specifically related with ser/sip-router. Now I've already have ser binaries
> (ser, sercmd, etc) and am i asking if new binaries should be named as ser* or
> siprouter* based on the flavour set.
>
> Moreover, what if it's a new installation and need only common modules and a
> few of modules_s.. Then which flavour is recommended (ser or sip-router) and
> which name should the main binaries have.
>
> Again, thank you.
> Claudio
>
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, Sascha Daniels wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> If you use FLAVOUR=kamailio you will get kamailio, kamctl and kamdbctl
>> as binary.
>>
>> Regards
>>                   Sascha
>>
>> Am 22.03.2011 19:42, schrieb Claudio Furrer:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> What is (or should be) the binary main name when using FLAVOUR=ser,
>>> FLAVOUR=sip-router or no FLAVOUR specified?
>>>
>>> I'm getting "ser" as the name whatever I set to FLAVOUR var at compile time. Is
>>> it right? (Makefiles.defs says "ser" in these cases but not sure the intention
>>> of the sip-router project).
>>>
>>> I need to know the correct one to make an ebuild package for Gentoo.
>>> Thank you for your answers..
>>>

>> --
>> AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 124 - 56566 Neuwied  -->   http://www.amooma.de
>> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister Montabaur B14998
>>
>> Bücher: http://das-asterisk-buch.de - http://ruby-auf-schienen.de

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com