[SR-Users] SEMS 1.4.0 release

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Mar 15 14:40:30 CET 2011

15 mar 2011 kl. 14.23 skrev Stefan Sayer:

> Hi Olle,
>
> o Olle E. Johansson on 03/15/2011 01:52 PM:
>>
>> 15 mar 2011 kl. 13.36 skrev Stefan Sayer:
>>
>>> We are happy to announce the availability of the
>>> SIP Express Media Server version 1.4.0.
>>>
>> Congratulations! This new version sounds really exiting.
>>
>> What's the status of SEMS and IPv6?
>
> IPv6 support has been in SEMS for a very long time (maybe since 2003?), but as for a really long time there was not much demand, v6 support would have to be tested and fixed again. It seems that IPv6 could get a hot topic again, so this is definitely an interesting thing to look at.

Absolutely. I am beginning to think that we need a SIP/v6 test event, like the ones Daniel and I have been running before. We need the experience as well as figuring out how this works in our software and how we would like it to work. I'll start with setting up the test server that Daniel and I created for SIPit again.

The IETF has a lot of proposals, where the main work is adding TURN relay support and SIP Outbound, something I haven't seen in many pieces of open source. If that's the only solution, we're far away from a SIP v6/v4 solution.

Great to hear that the basics are there.

/O