[SR-Users] about syn_branch

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Mar 7 09:50:52 CET 2011

we noticed that if sr 3.1 config does not contain

syn_branch=0

then acks to 200 oks that are t_relayed by sr, contain branch=0
param in topmost via.

in kamailio 1.5, via branch param has proper value even when tm param
syn_branch is not set.

a couple of questions:

1) according to core cookbook, syn_branch core param only affects
stateless forwarding.  in my config, all acks are t_relayed, i.e.,
syn_branch param should not have any effect, but is does.  how is that
possible?  is there a bug in core cookbook?

2) should t_relaying of acks to 200 oks use proper (i.e.. non 0) via
branch param even when syn_branch is not set to any value in config?
if not why?  if yes, will branch=0 be used only when ack to 200 ok does
not match any invite transaction?

-- juha