[SR-Users] Newly acquired SIP fails authorization from softphone

Larry Baumbach larry.baumbach at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 02:16:38 CET 2011

I am a newbie to the world of VIOP.  I am attempting to set up an ATA with SIP.

 I created a SIP at account iptel.com and received an email
confirmation stating "We are reserving the following SIP address for
you: sip:larry.baumbach at iptel.org".

I tried to testing this address in Xlite but got messages saying:
"Account failed to enable.  Account Iptel could not be enabled.
Verify your user ID, password and authorization name.

When I set up the SIP account in Xlite I used:
UserID: larry.baumbach at iptel.org          ( I also tried
"larry.baumbach"  & "sip:larry.baumbach at iptel.org")
Domain: sip.iptel.org
Password: my password
Authorization name:  (I left blank as I did not receive any)

I can log into SERweb with the same UserID and Password and access my account.

What am I doing wrong?  Or is there some kind of wait time before my
SIP address is activated?
I have spent too much time trying to get this to work on my own.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

--
Larry Baumbach
920.358.8695
larry.baumbach at gmail.com