[SR-Users] Calls are killed during kamailio restart

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:13:57 CET 2011

Hello,

On 2/28/11 10:52 AM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Thursday 24 February 2011, Efelin Novak wrote:
>> I'd like to ask whether my situation is normal. During kamailio restart
>> calls are dropped from mediaproxy. Those two programs are connected using
>> kamailio.sock. Why RTP strem is dropped when SIP proxy is restarted? I
>> would expect just undelivered BYE or something.
> Hi Efelin,
>
> i'm not an expert with mediaproxy, but does the kamailio hold some state that
> mediaproxy need to proper route the RTP packets? This would explain the
> behaviour that you observe, as this would probably lost during a restart.
even if it needs details from SIP signaling, then it is a bug IMO that
media proxy kills the calls. Kamailio recovers the states of active
calls upon restart when dialog module is loaded, nothing is lost.

I never used media proxy, but restarts of kamailio when using rtpproxy
to relay the rtp does not impact at all the ongoing calls.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com