[SR-Users] "select count(*)" with avp_db_query always returns null

Andrade Ricardo (CI/AFU1) Ricardo.Keigo at br.bosch.com
Wed Jun 29 19:35:48 CEST 2011

Hi list,

Perhaps this fits better into a bug report, but I'd like to know if somebody out there experienced a similar issue.
I am executing a "select count" query using the avp_db_query function, but it is not storing the results in any avp. Other queries are working fine.
I use db_mysql connected with a mysql 5.1 server.

I have tested this with kamailio-3.1.0 and kamailio-3.1.3, both didn't work. In an old box (version 1.3.x), the same query was returning the correct value.

Here is the case which is not working:

Code:
avp_delete("$avp(s:count)");
$var(ret) = avp_db_query("SELECT count(*) FROM subscriber where username='foo'",
    "$avp(s:count)");
xlog("L_INFO", "var(ret)=$var(ret) avp(s:count)=$avp(s:count)");

Output:
INFO: <script>: var(ret)=1 avp(s:count)=<null>

(notice the return code 1, which means that the query was successfull and there should be some output value stored in the avp, but it is <null>)

And here is one case which works as expected:

$var(ret) = avp_db_query("SELECT id FROM subscriber where username='foo'",
    "$avp(s:count)");

Output:
INFO: <script>: var(ret)=1 avp(s:count)=11

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Best regards,
Ricardo Andrade.