[SR-Users] Meaning of empty body in NOTIFY

Robert Jongbloed robertj at voxlucida.com.au
Sat Jun 11 10:24:40 CEST 2011

On 11/06/2011, at 2:54 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

>> I based my assumption that the sip/simple presence server should not
>> generate itself a presence/pidf document with status closed/offline since
>> the pidf has a <tuple id="..."> node that is generated by presentity device.
>
> Right. The presence server must never generate a pidf document in
> behalf of the user.

Fair enough.

There were some hints in the RFC that the clients should detect "stale" presence themselves. Certainly would not be the purview of the PA.

One thing though, other than immediately after a SUBSCRIBE, will Kamailio ever send an empty NOTiFY? If so, what would trigger it?

--------
Robert Jongbloed
Vox Lucida Pty. Ltd.