[SR-Users] Meaning of empty body in NOTIFY

Craig Southeren craig at southeren.com
Fri Jun 10 20:49:19 CEST 2011

On 10/06/2011 11:20 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

...deleted
>> Thank you so far for your explanations.
>
> have you spotted in SIP/SIMPLE specs what has to be sent when the
> presentity is offline? My quick google was not that succesful. Maybe
> Inaki has the specs more fresh indexed in memory and can help.
>
> I based my assumption that the sip/simple presence server should not
> generate itself a presence/pidf document with status closed/offline
> since the pidf has a <tuple id="..."> node that is generated by
> presentity device.

I know there is an XCAP verb to do this.

Also, you might like to look at "RFC 4481 - Timed Presence Extensions to
the Presence Information Data Format". This allows a client to specify
status for a future time period when other status may not be available.

Specifically, the RFC says:

   "During composition, a presence agent (PA) may encounter a stored
<timed-status> element that covers the present time.  The PA MAY either
discard that element or MAY
    convert it to a regular <status> element if it considers that
information more credible."

So, if a client uploads a presence document that contains a
<timed-status> element, that element could be sent by the PA when the
client goes offline, rather than the entire document being discarded
(which is what I suspect is happening now).

    Craig

  Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
  craigs at postincrement.com.au                   www.postincrement.com.au

  Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
  Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren at hotmail.com
  Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs at jabber.org

  "Science is the poetry of reality." Richard Dawkins