[SR-Users] xcap server - http load–balancer: xcap authentication problem

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Jul 1 17:02:45 CEST 2011

On Thursday 30 June 2011, laura testi wrote:
> [...]
> pres_refresh_watchers triggered by xcap message in another presence server:
> with the hashing over to uri in dispacther workaround, it seems solve the
> first problem for SIP/SIMPLE messages, but we have the same kind of
> problem for xcap message. For example, a subscription is in a local cache
> of one server, and the incomming xcap message related to the same
> subscription goes to another server, and this message trigger the
> pres_update_watchers pres_refresh_watchers presence functions from the
> configuration script in the server where there is no subscription in the
> local cache, then it send the wrong notify message. This can happen when a
> user add/remove a contact, and the SUBSCRIBE goes to one server and XCAP
> PUT goes to another server. Unfortunately there is no DB mode only in
> PRESENCE module like REGISTRAR module. The fallback to db can't help
> either for point 1 or for point 2. Can you help please?

Hi laura,

i can't comment on the other question, but Marius B did some presence
extensions in master branch a few month ago, that the presence module now
supports a db_mode module parameter including DB_ONLY. It will be in kamailio
3.2, maybe you can have a look to the master branch and backport it, if you
need it faster.

Best regards,

Henning