[SR-Users] Redundancy between 2 Kamailio servers

Danny Dias ing.diasdanny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:25:45 CET 2011

Thanks Iñaki,

2011/1/27 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>

> 2011/1/27 Danny Dias <ing.diasdanny at gmail.com>:
> > Do you mean that both Kamailio-1 and Kamailio-2 will be as primary
> server?
> > and the clients will register in the 2 machines? and also they will bind
> > the ip of the HA? sorry my friend but i do not understand very well, i'm
> > quite new with redundant systems, could you please explain a little
> please?
>
> Two Kamailios in a HeartBeat cluster which manages the kamailio
> service along with a virtual IP in which kamailios are supposed to
> listen. Just one kamailio is running (HA manages them).

So, the heartbeat cluster shall manage that both are ok and also check that
the virtual ip and the kamailio service in the primary server is OK....if
something fails it will activate the virtual IP address and the kamailio
process in the other server? so this heartbeat cluster is installed in both
kamailio servers?

which HA software do you recommend?

> Regsitration can be done in a shared database with db_mode=3 (or 2) so
> no locations are lost when HA stops the running instance of kamailio
> (or the server is down) and starts kamailio in the other cluster node.

So, the database of the kamailios should be dedicated and externalised
server?

--
Ing. Danny Dias
www.DannTEL.net