[SR-Users] Redundancy between 2 Kamailio servers

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jan 27 19:55:46 CET 2011

2011/1/27 Danny Dias <ing.diasdanny at gmail.com>:
> Do you mean that both Kamailio-1 and Kamailio-2 will be as primary server?
> and the clients will register in the 2 machines? and also they will bind to
> the ip of the HA? sorry my friend but i do not understand very well, i'm
> quite new with redundant systems, could you please explain a little please?

Two Kamailios in a HeartBeat cluster which manages the kamailio
service along with a virtual IP in which kamailios are supposed to
listen. Just one kamailio is running (HA manages them).

Regsitration can be done in a shared database with db_mode=3 (or 2) so
no locations are lost when HA stops the running instance of kamailio
(or the server is down) and starts kamailio in the other cluster node.

Another option without using realtime DB storage is replicating the
REGISTER from one Kamailio to the other (t_replicate method) but it
requires both kamailios being running at the same time (so
net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind must be 1) and kamailios must NOT be managed
by HA. Also it requires some other considerations.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>